This information is for artists, vendors and food vendors for Apple Day 2022
General Event Information
Dates: September 16-17, 2022
Times: Friday, September 10 from 7 AM - 11 PM Artist Set-up
*fire inspection begins at 11 AM*
Friday, September 16 from 2 PM- 6 PM, option to sell till 8 PM
Saturday, September 17 from 9 AM- 4 PM, option to sell till 8 PM
Sunday, September 18 from 6 AM- 9 AM *LOAD OUT*
- Load-in/out help from volunteers, please let us know ahead of time for special accommodations
- Booths are arranged in a quad, therefore every artist will have two external-facing sides
- Overnight security
- Booth sitters
- A nametag, flag, and program will be given to you during fire inspection
- Vendor parking in Excelsior Elementary Lot
*Maps are attached for your reference*
FOR BOOTHS 1-44: Load-in will be from 7-7:45 AM. Please do not arrive earlier than 7 AM or you will not be allowed in the event area.
FOR BOOTHS 45-77: Load-in will be from 8-8:45 AM. Please do not arrive earlier than 8 AM or you will not be allowed in the event area.
Entering the event area from MN-7 East. Take the 2nd Street Exit off of MN-7 East. Follow 2nd Street to Water Street. Captains in orange vests will guide you with directions and direct you to your booth locations.
Entering the event area from MN-7 West. Use the 2nd from the left turn lane to turn onto Oak Street (near Excelsior Elementary). Turn right onto Water Street. Turn left onto 3rd Street. Turn right onto Center Street. Turn right onto 2nd Street. Captains in orange vests will guide you with directions and direct you to your booth locations.
PLEASE NOTE: Odd-numbered booths will need to enter the event area from MN-7 West. Even numbered booths will need to enter the event area from MN-7 East.
- Block Captains in orange vests will take you to your booth location upon arrival
- Vehicles are permitted in the event area for NO MORE than 15 min.
- Volunteers are available to help unload your vehicle and exit the area quickly
- There will be a piece of masking tape on the street with your booth number labeled. Place the inside leg of your tent on the tape. Tents will be touching and make a quad shape.
- Parking is available at Excelsior Elementary School. From Water Street, drive straight. Turn left on George Street (by Wells Fargo Bank). There is also parking available at Mount Calvary Luthern Church, and the parking lots behind the buildings on Water Street.
- A shuttle will be running around the event area. If you need the shuttle to pick you up from your parking location, please let the shuttle driver or block captain know and tell them where you are parking.
Load-out will begin at 6 AM on Sunday, September 18. No vehicles will be allowed in the area until this time. To load-out, your tent and display must be fully taken down. Once you have taken down your display, your may bring your vehicle into the event area. PLEASE ENTER THE AREA IN THE SAME WAY YOU DID FOR LOAD-IN. Volunteers will be available to assist with loading your vehicle. Please exit as quickly as possible.
- Tents MUST have 35-100 lbs of weight on each tent leg. Attached is the Excelsior Fire District Tent Safety and weight recommendations. Vendors who do not comply may face a fine or be asked to leave the event. PLEASE NOTE: WEIGHTS CANNOT BE SECURED TO TENTS WITH BUNJEE CORDS.
- Fire/Tent inspection will be promptly at 11 AM on September 16. You do not have to have your full display up, but please have your tent weighted and ready for inspection. You MUST be present at your tent for inspection or you may incur a small fine.
- If you need to change your booth location, please contact email@example.com by end of day on September 9. After September 9, booth location will be finalized and no changes will be made.
- Vendors must have a Minnesota Tax ID number and submit a completed Minnesota ST-19 form to the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce.
- Vendors must provide the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce with proof of General Liability Insurance by September 3, 2022. The Chamber recommends using this link for insurance for your needs
- Vendors are responsible for the collection, reporting, and payment of all taxes. TAXES: 7.525 % Hennepin County, Minnesota Sales Tax.